from where the ancient Kings of Ulster ruled…
As one of Irelands most famous and important archaeological sites, the legendary Emain Macha home of the famous Red Branch Knights and Ulster Cycle of tales is a place were myth and reality meets. The Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area.
- Learn of the mystical characters and mythical characters of Navan like Cu Chulainn, King Conor McNessa, Queen Mebh and Deirdre of the Sorrows.
- In a fun and interactive way families and individuals can, walk and talk with heroes of these tales through our living history interpretation.
- Exhibition is multi-lingual with interpretation in French, German, Spanish & Italian.
- Experience first-hand the remaining mounds, ditches and banks of Emain Macha otherwise known as Navan Fort.
- Learn about the massive circular ritual temple built by this majestic warrior clan. Our walking tours will help piece together myth and reality.
- Relax in Navan Restaurant – tempting your tastebuds with traditional fayre and Starbucks coffee
Christmas Opening Hours
Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd December 10.00am – 4.00pm
Wednesday 24th December - Thursday 1st January (inclusive) Closed
Wishing all our patrons a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
The Centre operates year round and has both indoor and outdoor activities please bring outdoor footwear and clothing if it’s wet. For further details please contact:
Navan Centre & Fort
81 Killylea Road, Armagh. BT60 4LD
t: +44 (0) 28 3752 9644
f: +44 (0) 28 3752 6431
textphone users: 18001 3752 9644