Armagh Gaol, one of Northern Ireland’s most important historic buildings, is a landmark building within the City which makes a vital contribution to the townscape character of the Armagh Conservation Area. Built principally between 1780 and 1852, Armagh Gaol was largely designed by two of Ireland’s most important architects, Francis Cooley and William Murray. The Gaol is Grade B+ listed and has lain vacant for the past 20 years since its closure in 1988 and is presently on the Built Heritage at Risk (BHARNI) list. In order to safeguard the long-term future of the buildings for future generations, it is necessary to identify sustainable and appropriate new uses for the Gaol.
For information about Armagh Gaol contact Armagh City and District Council on 028 3752 9600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org