As one of Irelands most famous and important archaeological sites, the legendary Emain Macha home of the famous Red Branch Knights and Ulster Cycle of tales is a place were myth and reality meets. The Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area.
- Learn of the mystical characters and mythical characters of Navan like Cu Chulainn, King Conor McNessa, Queen Mebh and Deirdre of the Sorrows.
- In a fun and interactive way families and individuals can, walk and talk with heroes of these tales through our living history interpretation.
- Exhibition is multi-lingual with interpretation in French, German, Spanish & Italian.
- Experience first-hand the remaining mounds, ditches and banks of Emain Macha otherwise known as Navan Fort.
- Learn about the massive circular ritual temple built by this majestic warrior clan. Our walking tours will help piece together myth and reality.
- Relax in Navan Restaurant – tempting your tastebuds with traditional fayre and Starbucks coffee
Upcoming Events at Navan
- Archaeology Days, Horrible Histories: Saturday 15th June & Sunday 16th June
- King Conor’s Supper: Friday 21st June
- Wildlife Summer Camp – Monday 29th July to Friday 2nd August
Children’s Birthday Parties
Have you a birthday celebration coming up soon? Be the envy of all your friends and have a birthday party with a difference at the Navan Centre. Choose your theme of Kings, Queens and Warriors and enjoy a birthday party to remember.
Kids at Navan… fun and laughter everyday…
The Centre offers so much for children, its perfect for any age. You can:
- Dress up in Celtic costumes to experience life as a Celt
- Bring archaeology to life by digging in the archeo-pit to uncover bones, coins or maybe even teeth
- Try some Celtic craft activities making shields, swords, brooches, necklaces and possibly even a little clay pig to take home.
- Complete the Navan Fort trail to get a prize at the end
- Touch history with our feely boxes if you dare
- Make your very own badge to take home as a gift or simply to remember your visit
- Enjoy free face painting for children and dressing up as a Celt
[Kids activities are available daily from April to Sept, and all are included in your admission fee]
Education @ Navan
The Award Winning Education Department (Sandford Award for Heritage Education) provides a unique educational experience to schools and community groups visiting Navan Centre & Fort to learn about their shared past. The Department has a wide range of events and activities, to suit all ages and meeting the needs of the curriculum.
Conferencing @ Navan… ours is a different experience
There is no better place for a business or leisure experience than the historic surroundings of the Navan Fort. The Centre can boast comfortable and practical conference facilities set in the inspiring surroundings of the seat of the High Kings of Ulster.
The Atrium which is flooded with natural light is the perfect place for receptions, exhibitions and music evenings.
The Audio Visual Theatre can accommodate up to 125 guests, an intimate venue making it ideal for product launches, business presentations and small shows.
Navan Restaurant can cater for business conferences and lunches, this area can also be easily transformed to a formal dining area to accommodate 100 people ideal for a Wedding or, laid out for an informal Christening or private Birthday party!
Navan Centre offers:
Competitive rates and packages | Complimentary car parking | Fully trained staff | State of the art equipment | Team building activities | Centre is fully accessible
Group Rates: £4.75