As you look for ways to keep the family entertained on a budget, Armagh City and District has plenty of activities to keep everyone busy… and the best part is, they’re free!
01. Gosford Forest Park (Approx. time: 1.5 hours)
Spend some time at Gosford Forest Park, where you will discover some of the rarest breeds of farm animals, a herd of red deer and a large collection of traditional poultry, all set within an impressive 240 hectares of woodland. (Parking charge applies)
03. Public Art Trail / Angels & Gargoyles (Approx. time: 1.5 hours)
Explore all that Ireland’s oldest city has to offer by following the Public Art Trail. Take a wander around the City and enjoy our historic streetscape through engaging with our artworks. For the kids, there is an Angels and Gargoyles Miniature Sculpture Trail. With 22 sculptures hidden in all kinds of curious places amongst Armagh’s historic buildings, architecture and streets, watch the kids fill with excitement as they embark on an adventure to seek out these fascinating characters.
Download Free Day Out for Kids in Armagh pdf
- Embers Coffee House is a great place to bring the kids for something to eat. A kids menu with healthy options is available and the kids play area is sure to keep them entertained.
- Armagh City Hotel’s Callan Bar offers morning coffee to long lunches, afternoon teas to evening drinks – the perfect place to sit back and relax with family and friends.
- The Charlemont Hotel offers an extensive range of traditional and modern cuisine. Food is served all day from casual lunches to Sunday brunch, as well as a vast evening A La Carte/Grill menu to cater for all.
Other free things to see & do: